Sunday, July 29, 2012

Tamhini Ghat

I visited Tamhini Ghat last Sunday with my family. It is a very nice place to spend some time with a group of friends and enjoy the waterfalls and the scenery on the way.

Timings: I started from my home in Aundh at 3:15 PM. The road I took was from Abhimanshri-Bawdhan-Pirangut-Paud-Mulshi-Tamhini shown here. There were lots of places to stop and take snaps but since we started late, I couldn't risk reaching late to the destination so I didn't stop at a lot of place. The road is pretty straight after chandani chowk and there are no turns anywhere to confuse you in reaching Tamhini. We reached there at around 5:15 PM.

Tariffs: There is a toll plaza along the way to Paud which charges INR 30 for two way and INR 20 for one way.

Activities: There are a lot of activities along the way. There is a turn just after you enter Paud where there is a nice place to rest and enjoy cool breeze.


There is a big waterfall when you reach Tamhini but while reaching there my wife's shoe-sole tore down and she lost her balance and got hurt badly. My daughter started crying and so I had to then put-off my plan to enjoy bathing in the waterfall. I also couldn't take any photos of the place and it was getting late and started raining so we decided to leave immediately. I would suggest to start a bit early latest by 1PM so that you reach the place before 4 and enjoy one - one and a half hours there. All in all, you can easily spend an evening with your friends there.




No comments: