Sunday, March 4, 2012

Balaji Temple Narayanpur

I visited Balaji Temple near Narayanpur on february 1, 2012. It is a nice place to spend two-three hours with friends/family.

Timings: We started from Aundh at 3 PM in the afternoon. The temple is around 50 km from Pune. From Chandani Chowk, take NH-4 towards Bangalore. The exact route is Warje-Ambegaon-Budruk-Khed-Kapurhol-Balaji Temple. There is a turn at Kapurhol towards Narayanpur that you should not miss. The temple remains open between 6AM-8PM. The aartis are conducted at fixed timings of the day.
Parking: There was ample parking available since it was a weekday. I am not sure if weekends remain full.

Fees: There are no fees anywhere but as you enter the temple, some teenagers come to put a tilak on your forehead and you are forced to shell some coins. This to me seems like a forceful donation but I managed to get away with just Rs. 2.

Attractions: The temple has beautiful carvings but I couldn't take a lot of photos. Here are some for your delight:




3 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
HowAndroid said...

Your post is very useful and interesting. I liked it very much and felt beneficial for all, if they have any doubt about the above mentioned topic. We can learn some valuable tips from this blog. You can have a look on my android apps development forum, I would be waiting for your valuable response. Thanks in advance.