Sunday, February 3, 2013

Polka Dots Aundh

I visited Polka Dots restaurant in Aundh yesterday.

Timings and Route: I reached the restaurant at around 8:15 PM. The restaurant is next to ICICI Bank ATM on road towards Kaka Halwai from Parihar Chowk.

Food: The menu for Aundh restaurant is not available but for Kalyani Nagar branch, it is available here. The prices in the menu at this point of time is not in sync with reality. The actual rates are 1.5 times that mentioned in the menu (e.g. Tomato and Basil broth is for 85 bucks in menu but actually it is 125 in the restaurant).

We started with Tomato and Basil broth which my wife and I liked but my daughter was in no mood to touch. We then ordered vegetable Au Gratin and Risotto for the main course. I liked both of them but my wife felt there was some non vegetarian smell in the dishes. My daughter mostly took au gratin but not to the extent she normally does. We then took parcel of the rest of the items and came home. When I am writing this the next day, both the dishes are over and half the portion was eaten by my wife!!!

Fees: The total bill came to around INR 670 which I consider a bit on the higher side. The quantity of the items were also a bit less compared to that of other restaurants. The ambience also was not that good and the manager was eagerly waiting for us to vacate the table since there was a queue of people waiting. But I will still recommend the restaurant for a try.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I haven't tried yet Polka Dots. I have tried shiv sagar restaurant ahead of polka dots. I must say i love the food of restaurants in Aundh are really good