Sunday, January 17, 2016

Panchvati Gaurav - Bhandarkar Road

I visited Panchvati Gaurav last week with my office colleagues. I went there just to celebrate freshness of new year.

Food: There is no fixed menu of the restaurant since it offers only thali. The items in thali consist of two main varieties from regions of Gujarat and Rajasthan. We reached there around 1:15 PM. The restaurant has three branches in Pune and also in other cities like Nagpur, Nasik and Mumbai.

The thali has many varieties of items. The restaurant typically gives you Jaljira as welcome drink. Then after the main course is served. The thali included following items:

  • Four types of sabjis: There was one green sabji mostly beans, one paneer and capsicum, one aaloo mutter and one pulses.
  • Two types of farsan: Dhokla and Cutlet
  • Two types of sweet: Mung Dal halwa and Angoor Rabri
  • Roti
  • Bajra Roti
  • Masala Puri
  • Dal (both mitha and tikha)
  • Kadhi
  • Rice or Veg Pulao
  • Papad
  • Pickle and Chutney
  • Chhachh
You also get saunf/dhana dal at the end of meal as mouth freshner.

Charges: The restaurant charges INR 300 per thali. I found it reasonable compared to paying the same for Domino's Pizza.

The restaurant also offers facility of parcel where Half parcel costs around INR 400 which serves around 3 people if one of them is kid. I typically get half parcel for my family of three with a daughter of 7 years and it serves well. But they give only one with parcel, either dal or kadhi. So I take kadhi and then order extra dal to get both as part of my meal.






No comments: