Sunday, May 15, 2016

ISKCON Temple Nigdi

I visited ISKCON Temple near Nigdi yesterday. It was a nice place to spend an evening with your family.

Timings and Route: I left from my home in Aundh at 6 PM and took the route shown here and reached there by around 6:40 PM. There are different times for aarti and the next one was at 7 PM. The last one had already completed at 6:25 PM so we were neither late nor early.



We took some pradakshina around the temple and then waited for the curtains to open to have a view of Krishna and Radha. I told my wife how beautiful the multi-color chaniya/lehanga of Radha looked. I even searched for photos of temple and didn't find such dress worn by her in earlier photos Google search.

Fees: There were no fees for the temple.

Food: There was some prasad being given outside the temple and we took some to taste it. It was delicious at best.

All in all, we did enjoy the trip.

P.S. : No selfies were allowed in the temple but I had taken some photos of the temple itself and looks like Krishna didn't like it since I forgot my slr camera lens cover in temple itself. Big punishment for taking photos!My daughter found the lens cap from my car. So no punishment from Krishna in taking snaps.

No comments: